At Cedar, we prioritize investing in our teams. The reason for this job opening is because our current Channel Marketing Manager has been promoted to manage our marketing efforts in the EMEA region. One of the benefits of this role is the opportunity to work closely with and learn from our experienced Channel Marketing Manager.
Working side-by-side with the Head of Marketing and respective channel sales directors, you will be involved in all aspects of message development, integrated awareness and promotion-based campaigns, advertising program participation, partner events, conferences, and tradeshows. The ideal candidate has proven experience planning, executing, and reporting on omnichannel marketing plans and integrated campaigns, with excellent project management and communication skills, and a track record of measurable success in owning multiple channel marketing initiatives.
As the Channel Marketing Manager, you will manage a team of two direct reports, a Marketing Specialist - eCommerce and a Marketing Specialist - Retail & Events, and will work collaboratively to ensure continued growth in brand awareness, product consideration, and revenue growth across all marketing channels. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and shape the team with mentorship of the Specialists and also set the strategic direction for how channel marketing will fuel sales growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with channel sales directors, Head of Marketing, and marketing team to plan, develop, and execute annual and quarterly marketing and demand creation/promotional plan.
- Support multiple channel customers and partners to ensure alignment and achievement of mutually agreed upon goals.
- Drive awareness, increase online/offline traffic, and improve conversions through integrated, omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- Manage new product launches, ongoing campaigns, and retail promotions in channel including content development, POP/merchandising procurement, sales collateral and training, and other related activities.
- Measure, analyze, and report progress against campaign goals and ROI.
- Closely manage channel marketing budget and expenses.
- Align channel marketing communications strategies with overall brand/marketing strategies.
- Monitor and analyze competitive activities within channel including price, promotion, new products, and merchandising.
- Create and maintain a collaborative environment of partnership with other departments and external partners.
- Work with senior management across business areas to ensure continued growth and strategy alignment
- Work with channel sales executives and marketing teammates to plan, develop, and execute campaigns
- Cross-pollinate ideas/best practices across teams, channels, and geographies
- Coordinate and lead regular team meetings for updates on projects, timelines, and other relevant activities
- A degree in marketing, communications, or another closely related field
- 3-4 years of channel marketing and/or events marketing experience
- Experience with managing and growing a team
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of marketing strategy and tactics, including experience with in-store merchandising/displays
- Direct experience and expertise with managing or assisting with events and tradeshows
- Superior organizational and time management skills to prioritize projects/tasks, work independently and with multiple stakeholders, and consistently follow-up on next steps
- Proven ability to manage projects closely and ensure proper communication, collaboration, and alignment
- Effective working skills of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Project management and event management experience a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter with creative problem-solving skills and results orientation
- Excellent collaborator with ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Measurable success in planning and executing channel marketing programs and campaigns
- Substantial experience with online and offline marketing strategies and tactics
- Proven ability to manage projects closely and ensure proper communication and alignment
- Strong communication and presentation skills with customers, support personnel, and leadership teams
- Contributes to a culture of high performance and mutual support, fostering collaboration across the organization
About Cedar Electronics.
Cedar Electronics is a company on the rise, fueled by the amazing people who love what we do. In fact, the #1 reason given for what our teams like best is the people. Cedar is the parent company to 2 legendary brands, Cobra and Escort Radar, and our products have been helping people drive smarter and safer for over 50 years. If you’re looking for the opportunity where you can be passionate about success, grow your skillset, and want to work with smart, friendly people, then we’d love to meet you.