Work with the industry leader
At Eon, our mission is to make patients healthier and healthcare affordable. Eon Patient Management, or EPM as we like to call it, identifies patients with disease risk and streamlines clinical decision analysis so clinicians can work at the top of their licenses. With unique solutions across multiple disease states, we drive unprecedented adherence to care pathways, so that more patients are seen and more survive. When patients win, healthcare systems win - both clinically and financially.
As a market leader in incidental tracking and patient management, Eon is pioneering the use of Artificial Intelligence to enable healthcare enterprises, ranging from small health systems to large, national-scale IDN’s. We have a unique and dynamic team that is focused on results, and employment opportunities both local to our Denver office, and remote based.
What you will do
Eon is hiring a Senior AWS Data Architect/Engineer with a strong expertise in HL7, to design and build our AWS Data Warehouse (data models, data architecture, data apps, data governance, data pipelines). The purpose of the Data Warehouse is to facilitate Machine Learning model development, provide data sources/APIs necessary to use the data in our SaaS applications, and deliver an efficient data platform for research and business analytics. As we grow, you will build a team of Data and Software Engineers to develop and support our Data Warehouse. In 2024, you will have one Data Engineer reporting to you and will have an opportunity to hire one more Data Engineer / Architect.
- Build the Data Warehouse and populate it from various (structured and unstructured) data sources;
- Design the data schema that will allow to fit and execute ML models, mine data efficiently to find potential new business and modeling opportunities, and meet data needs for our SaaS applications;
- Build highly scalable, flexible and resilient AWS-based solution to ingest, process and utilize our data;
- Provide guidance to difference teams and leadership regarding AWS platform choices and strategies;
- Grow a team of Software Engineers and Architects as the company grows;
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science
- Experience in creating efficient and scalable HL7 parser / mapper;
- Expertise in cloud computing (AWS), containerization (Docker and Kubernetes), and infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) in the Healthcare domain;
- Expertise in AWS cloud data architectures (RDS, S3 Data Lakes, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, Redshift, DynamoDB, Neptune);
- Experience in transforming, cleaning and organizing unstructured data;
- Experience in data modeling and schema design;
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries in relational databases;
- Ability to write advanced queries in NoSQL and graph databases;
- Experience in building Data and Model pipelines using AWS infrastructure;
- Experience in managing Data and Model Pipeline continuous integration/deployment;
- Familiarity with implementing data and/or machine learning algorithms in production systems (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, GCP Datalab or custom implementation);
- Expertise in Python and Shell programming;
- Understanding security and compliance;
- Experience in managing and mentoring junior developers/engineers;
“So what’s in it for me,” you ask?
We pride ourselves for being a culture-based company buzzing with high-energy. Aside from the enthusiastic environment, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Referral bonuses
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Awesome team members
Check us out at eonhealth.com!
If we still have your attention, don't delay, send us your resume.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $150,000 - $170,000 (yr base pay); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base (CEPA) pay information is based on market location.
EON is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our culture celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
HL7, EHR, Data Warehouse, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, NoSQL, Cypher, SparQL, Big Data, Snowflake, Data Lake, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Neptune, Hadoop, Python, Unix Shell