Senior Data Scientist (with experience in NLP in Healthcare) - Remote with preference to Denver
Work with the industry leader
At Eon, our mission is to make patients healthier and healthcare affordable. Eon Patient Management, or EPM as we like to call it, identifies patients with disease risk and streamlines clinical decision analysis so clinicians can work at the top of their licenses. With unique solutions across multiple disease states, we drive unprecedented adherence to care pathways, so that more patients are seen and more survive. When patients win, healthcare systems win - both clinically and financially.
As a market leader in incidental tracking and patient management, Eon is pioneering the use of Artificial Intelligence to enable healthcare enterprises, ranging from small health systems to large, national-scale IDN’s. We have a unique and dynamic team that is focused on results, and employment opportunities both local to our Denver office, and remote based.
What you will do
Eon is looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist with experience in NLP and predictive modeling in the Healthcare domain. You will be a part of a small team, building Natural Language Processing / Understanding and Machine Learning models.
- Perform exploratory data analysis
- Create datasets for annotation, design annotation schemas, process annotated data into datasets for model training and evaluation
- Select appropriate modeling techniques
- Implement production-ready model code in Python
- Maintain and improve model code
- Mentor junior team members
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
- Experience developing and validation NLP models in a clinical domain
- Deep understanding of NLP fundamental concepts and models, such as language modeling, word embeddings, topic modeling, text categorization, information extraction, natural language understanding, transfer learning
- Deep understanding and experience in applying ML algorithms, such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, SVM, Naive Bayes, kNN, Random Forests, Dimensionality Reduction Algorithms, K-means clustering, etc.
- Experience performing training/testing/validation dataset construction
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Working knowledge of Unix commands and good security practices
- Solid knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms, including algorithm complexity
- Experience with visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, ggplot, etc.
- Familiarity with knowledge representation, automated knowledge acquisition and reasoning is a huge plus
- Familiarity with radiology reports is a huge plus
- Basic understanding of Anatomy
“So what’s in it for me,” you ask?
We pride ourselves for being a culture-based company buzzing with high-energy. Aside from the enthusiastic environment, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Referral bonuses
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Awesome team members
Check us out at eonhealth.com!
If we still have your attention, don't delay, send us your resume.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $152,000 - $172,000 (yr base pay); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base (CEPA) pay information is based on market location.
EON is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our culture celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
spaCy, NLP, NLU, Information Extraction, Prodigy, Python, Tensorflow, Keras, Transformer, Healthcare, Clinical Data, EHR, Radiology, Machine Learning, SQL, Unix Shell