Part-Time Graphic Designer - USA, Remote
Currently not accepting applications
SimX is a fast-growing startup bringing virtual and augmented reality to medical simulation training. Our product is the first comprehensive professional-grade VR medical simulation system, and it is used by our customers to train physicians, nurses, paramedics and other allied health professionals. Since our product has become generally available, demand has exploded and we're in need of new team members to move our product forward.
Our company has an ambitious and high-impact purpose: to transform the way healthcare professionals are trained in order to take a dent out of the more than 400,000 people who die every year from preventable medical errors. We're a dynamic team consisting of about half medical professionals and half engineers, all of whom have dedicated their time to achieving our mission. As an early startup, we're looking for new team members who are excited about our mission and have the drive to thrive in the startup environment.
We're looking for a talented graphic designer who can take concepts and ideas and create visual representations, in both print and web. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled in every step of the design process, from concept to final deliverable. Collaborating with multiple teams across the company, the graphic designer should be able to take written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, and be able to find the right style and layout for every project. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual who is passionate about design and eager to make a significant contribution to SimX's growth.
- Develop, refine, and maintain our brand guidelines to ensure consistency across all platforms and departments.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure the brand's look and feel is consistently implemented.
- Design print and digital assets, including brochures, posters, banners, trade show assets, and other marketing collateral.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create engaging social media graphics that resonate with our audience.
- Understand different print methods to ensure the best output quality for all our materials.
- Optimize graphics for various digital platforms and ensure they meet platform-specific requirements.
- Provide support to team members in creating presentations, pitch-decks, reports, and other branded content.
- Regularly research design trends to keep our brand fresh and contemporary.
- Creating effective and appropriate graphics for our website as well as developing thumbnails for marketplace content.
- Availability to work 15-25 hours per week
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other relevant design tools
- Strong understanding of different file types and their uses in print and digital mediums
- Knowledge of various print methods and the ability to prepare files for print to ensure the highest quality output
- Previous experience in creating and maintaining brand guidelines
- Experience in designing graphics for social media platforms
- Strong visual, communication, and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Proven portfolio showcasing versatile design projects
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Permanent residence in the United States
This is a part-time, remote position. Candidates must live within the United States and will primarily be expected to work during Pacific Standard Time business hours.
Note: these are not required to be a successful applicant, but we'd love it if you have one or two! Please also feel free to let us know if you have skills not listed here that you think would make you a great fit for our company.
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Experience with video editing software
- Knowledge of UX/UI design principles
- Familiarity with web platforms like Wordpress
- Target hourly range: $30 - $40; commensurate with experience
- Remote work environment
- Company laptop and VR Headset
- Potential of transitioning to full-time
- Application Screening
- Initial Phone Screen with the Recruiter
- Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Role-specific project
- Potential Final Interview
- Offer Package
SimX is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to have a workforce that represents the full diversity of the health professionals that we aim to train and the patients whose care we want to improve. Our employment decisions will be based solely on the merit and qualifications of applicants without discrimination, including discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SimX is committed to making reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.