Angular Web Engineer - USA, Remote
Currently not accepting applications
SimX is a fast-growing startup bringing virtual and augmented reality to medical simulation training. Our product is the first comprehensive professional-grade VR medical simulation system, and it is used by our customers to train physicians, nurses, paramedics and other allied health professionals. Since our product has become generally available, demand has exploded and we're in need of new team members to move our product forward.
Our company has an ambitious and high-impact purpose: to transform the way healthcare professionals are trained in order to take a dent out of the more than 400,000 people who die every year from preventable medical errors. We're a dynamic team that includes a wide set of medical professionals, artists, designers, scientists, engineers, and many others, all of whom have dedicated their time to achieving our mission. We are looking for new team members who are excited about our mission and have the drive to thrive in the startup environment.
We are seeking a talented Angular Web Engineer to join our team and contribute to the development of our company's web-based toolsets. As a crucial member of our team, you will enjoy a diverse range of responsibilities that adapt to the evolving needs of our projects. Your main focus will involve bringing new features to life, from the initial concept all the way through to seamless deployment. Additionally, you will play a vital role in providing excellent user support, addressing technical issues, and ensuring smooth integration of new or enhanced features. Your expertise and dedication will play a pivotal role in enhancing the user experience and overall functionality of our web applications.
- Build personalized and customized features for users
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and advancements
- Develop standard code that can serve as the foundation of future projects
- Perform tasks accurately and to our quality standards
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to complete projects
- Turn feedback into custom solutions for user needs
- Optimize sites/apps to improve performance and efficiency
- Author technical documentation
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or appropriate technical degree, or equivalent engineering experience
- 3 years of professional experience building front end applications with AngularJS
- A strong understanding of front end server architecture
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience using Git or other version control tools
- Able to move work from design to production with minimal supervision
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and developing less experienced team members
- Solid experience developing code that can be unit and end to end tested
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Permanent residence in the United States
This is a full-time, remote position. Candidates must live within the United States and will primarily be expected to work during Pacific Standard Time business hours. In addition, candidates will also be expected to attend major simulation conferences and/or in-person closing meetings potentially as frequently as monthly.
Note: these are not required to be a successful applicant, but we'd love it if you have one or two! Please also feel free to let us know if you have skills not listed here that you think would make you a great fit for our company.
- Proven experience in developing web applications using Angular and/or React frameworks.
- Experience with modern state management such as RxJS and Redux
- Familiarity with writing unit tests and using testing frameworks to ensure code reliability.
- Experience with ElectronJS
- Experience with Unity WebGL
- Experience with online web security
- Medical experience
- A portfolio or examples of previous projects showcasing frontend development skills would be highly advantageous.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Target salary range: $90,000-140,000 annually; commensurate with experience
- Remote work environment
- SimX covers 99% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Company laptop, home office credit, and internet reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Application Screening
- Initial Phone Screen with the Recruiter
- Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Final interview with the CEO
- Offer Package
SimX is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to have a workforce that represents the full diversity of the health professionals that we aim to train and the patients whose care we want to improve. Our employment decisions will be based solely on the merit and qualifications of applicants without discrimination, including discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SimX is committed to making reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.